Stillman Infirmary is a ten-bed facility at HUHS in the Smith Campus Center that provides inpatient care to Harvard students and outpatient procedures to all Harvard affiliates. Our experienced registered nurses staff the infirmary 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, to meet students' health needs.
Stillman Infirmary provides overnight care for any student who is too ill to stay in his/her residence, but who does not have acute symptoms requiring hospitalization. The Infirmary can also serve as a transitional facility for students post-hospitalization, before returning to residence.
As a clinic for the Harvard community, the Stillman Infirmary also provides many procedures, such as:
- Intravenous therapy, including parenteral medication and hydration
- Injections and immunizations
- Respiratory therapy, including oxygen and nebulizer treatments
- Monitoring of vital signs, neurologic status, and allergic reactions
- Patient education sessions
Patients may be referred by one of the following:
- After Hours Urgent Care Clinic (AHUCC)
- Acute Treatment Area
- An HUHS clinician
- Office of a clinician for an HUHS-affiliated facility
Visiting hours are daily from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM. We request that all visitors report to the Nurse's Station before going to the patient's room. Special visiting hours may be arranged with the nurses in the Infirmary if needed. To safeguard the well-being of our patients, we discourage visits from those who have active colds or flu.