Vision of Our Commitment to Patients
We, as your health care team, commit to being your partner in care.
- If you are healthy now, we will strive with you to enhance your whole health.
- If you are injured or ill, we will strive with you to restore your well being.
- If your illness is not curable, we will strive with you to plan your care, providing you with the best available options and supporting you through out your treatment.
- Make it easy for you to get the high quality care you need, promptly;
- Apply the best current knowledge to your care;
- Share information with you and provide education so that you understand and can participate effectively in your care;
- Deliver your care efficiently in a safe, respectful, environment;
- Behave ethically and sensitively in all our interactions with you.
- Help you navigate through the healthcare system, both inside and outside of HUHS.
Vision of How We Provide Care
- Patients and community members will receive accurate and up-to-date information regarding their health and health choices on an ongoing basis.
- There will be clear and timely communications between patients and HUHS, as well as between the university community and HUHS regarding health information, insurance information and accessing care.
- HUHS will employ effective techniques (including web-based interactions) to advance wellness and health learning, which will allow patients to advance their own wellness.
- All team members caring for the patient will have access to necessary information about the patient to support appropriate care.
Vision of How Our Systems Work:
HUHS systems, whether electronic, work process or paper, will have the following characteristics:
- Patients’ needs come first;
- Contribute to treating patients the way we would want ourselves treated, with dignity and respect;
- Expedite safe care and sound decision making;
- Support excellence of teamwork and individual performance through continuous learning;
- Encourage partnership, feedback, and respect for individual differences among HUHS staff;
- Support excellent communication to the whole community (including telephone, email, voice mail, web-based communications);
- Measure activity to support improvements (including patient satisfaction with care, workplace satisfaction, efficiency of care, effectiveness of care and effectiveness of team performance);
- Enhance the coordination, accountability and management of change and improvement.
Vision of How We Work Together
It is our belief and commitment that our daily interactions at work should be described as kind, respectful, and honest and should promote confidence in one another.