To heal, to care, to educate.
The mission of Harvard University Health Services is to meet, in an exemplary manner, the needs of the Harvard University Community; to heal those who are sick, to care for all, and to educate the community about health and health care issues. Harvard University Health Services strives to carry out its mission in the following ways.
- We will identify and respond to the health care needs of all segments of the Harvard University community—students, faculty, staff, retirees, families, and the University as a whole. Treating our patients with dignity, respect, and compassion, HUHS will provide high quality, individualized care and will educate our community on ways to improve and maintain well-being. HUHS services will be designed to empower individuals in ways that will enable them to lead healthier lives, to act as intelligent, informed consumers of health services, and to obtain individualized, state-of-the-art health care when needed. To the University as a whole, we will offer the most current information and expertise on health care issues.
- We are creating an organization that respects and appreciates its staff. The HUHS mission, "to heal, to care, to educate," is accomplished through its most important resource—our staff. To this end, we will continue to attract and build a team of committed individuals, providing an organizational environment in which we can all advance our knowledge and feel a sense of accomplishment.
- We will ensure the highest possible quality in all work performed by every member of the organization. We are committed to continuous improvement and development of a model health care delivery system, as exemplary as the University of which we are a part.
- We are committed to meeting the community's expectations through intelligent management of all of our resources.
OUR SERVICE COMMITMENT
- Provide the highest level of service to our community
- Recognize dignity and worth in each individual
- Take every opportunity to share knowledge with one another
- Do our best, as we continually strive to improve